Sunday, April 15, 2007

Testing, 1, 2, 3...

New blog, new site; I don't know why I bothered since LiveJournal works fine, but anyway.

After my left skate blade broke last Saturday night, I spent all week trying to find some place that still makes the blades for the old buggers (they're Eastons that are about 8 years old). Turns out my only viable option was to buy a new pair of skates - which I did, being the champion procrastinator I am, yesterday morning at Canadian Tire. Oh yes. The day I had another two-hour ice time in the evening I came home with a new pair of Vapour 1s. Beautiful skates, but a pair that really should be (and is, actually...) out of the price range of a poor university student plodding through a part-time job at the Dirty Bird. =/

Anyway. I nearly went crazy as I weebled and wobbled and almost fell down all evening; the first sharpening is NEVER a good one, so the blades slipped and slid out from under me. The good news is, I didn't kill anyone. =)

No comments: